The Latino Media Arts & Studies (L-MAS) Program announces the 2021 L-MAS Student Awards
L-MAS is offering cash prizes for student work related to LatinX subjects—$500 for first place winners and $100 for honorable mentions in each of five categories.
QUALIFYING CATEGORIES Student submissions are invited in the following categories:
UNDERGRADUATE (Note: Undergraduate submissions will be judged by graduate students, staff, and faculty affiliated with L-MAS.)
· Undergraduate Paper or Research-based Project in Latinx Media Studies
· Undergraduate Film or Episodic Content Focused on Latinx Subjects
· Undergraduate Honors Theses (NEW CATEGORY!)
(Note: Graduate submissions will be judged by faculty and staff affiliated with Latino Media Arts and Studies (L-MAS).
· Graduate Paper or Research-based Project in Latinx Media Studies
· Graduate Film or Episodic Content Focused on Latinx Subjects
MORE DETAILS ON QUALIFYING
“Latinx” media studies and subjects will be interpreted broadly to include a U.S. Latina/o/x and/or Latin American focus.
Various types of academic writing are eligible.
Film and media submissions can be narrative or documentary, short or feature length.
All submissions must be produced while a student at UT-Austin.
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE to submit is May 14th.
Please send your submissions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.