XYZ Films’ domestic distribution department is seeking an energetic and motivated intern for 2 to 3 days per week, from 10am to 5pm. The internship is unpaid and no school credit is required.
Interns will be exposed to the world of domestic distribution. They will review screeners and write coverage, where they will learn to evaluate finished films from a creative and commercial perspective. They will also get an in-depth look at the work that goes into acquiring a film for U.S. distribution, provide creative feedback on marketing materials, and contribute to festival and production tracking.
XYZ Films is an integrated content company whose mission is to empower visionary storytellers from every corner of the planet. XYZ was founded in 2008 by Nate Bolotin, Nick Spicer, and Aram Tertzakian. XYZ has been behind films such as The Raid franchise, BAFTA winner Under the Shadow, and Sundance winner I Don’t Feel at Home in this World Anymore.
· Basic Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
· Independent, self-starter, proactive and motivated to learn
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain calm under pressure
· Passion for independent genre cinema
· A good listener and communicator
· Must be willing to commit a minimum of 12 weeks from the date of hiring
· Must be able to work in Austin, Texas
· Must have a laptop
· Must be passionate about Film, TV, and the entertainment industry as a whole
Throughout the internship, interns will have the opportunity to sit in on conference calls and meetings, and schedule Q&A sessions with all of the executives, allowing for a more in-depth learning experience.
This position will be required to do the following tasks:
· Tracking the weekly VOD charts from the internet and entering the data into a tracking doc. Finessing a formula that estimates its revenue based on its ranking. Creating a weekly email for the XYZ team that put the titles into context.
· Managing festivals by handling festival submissions, and providing metadata and materials for films accepted at film festivals. Additionally, you be asked to maintain a tracking doc for all festivals for distribution titles.
· Helping collate and organize information needed for XYZ festival wrap up reports.
· Collecting and archiving trailers and posters being released in the indie genre space.
· Maintain a tracking doc of new release dates of competitive titles, both theatrically and digitally.
· Updating the XYZ title calendar.
· Organizing XYZ’s Distribution Division’s Dropbox when new titles and new materials come in.