Dates Needed: Ongoing
Contact Name: Kayla Freeman
Phone Number: 512 710 5751
Description: Seeking YouTube Video Editor! I'm a professional therapist making educational mental health videos. I'm looking for a video editor with an eye for aesthetic graphics to help me add visual interest and flair to my educational videos that are targeted to young women and queer people in their 20s and 30s. Here’s the channel if you’d like to check out the few videos currently on there: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqhMImdedck3plQJvoiF47A
Job Desc: I'll share with this editor a Google spreadsheet with the dialogue of the video in the lefthand column and suggested on-screen text or B-Roll in the righthand column. Sometimes there will be a link to a specific B-Roll that I’ve recorded or sourced, or there will be a description/request for your own creative flair. You'll receive access to the talking head footage already in dialogue order with mistakes removed. Your job will be to add the on-screen text, B-Roll, simple graphics, gifs, moving backgrounds, music and any other creative flair. You'll also be responsible for cutting any extra pauses that disrupt the rhythm of the video as well as adding music and sound effects when appropriate to improve the overall engagement and quality of the video. I'll provide logins to my licensed music account, Canva Pro etc. However, you will need to have your own Adobe Premiere subscription or access. After you show me the first "final" draft of the video, I'll provide one round of feedback and suggestions. Then, you'll be responsible for making the changes and uploading the video as a future premiere to the YouTube channel.
- Must edit in Adobe Premiere
- Has experience editing YouTube videos, OR is a big fan of watching YouTube with an understanding of the specific visual language/style/tone of the platform
- Must be a good communicator, open to feedback
- Willing to take playful creative risks in the editing
- Organized editor with good media management, can upload final project folders to DropBox with all source media inside
- Independent worker who hits their deadlines (or communicates in advance of needing an extension)
- Has a passion for mental health and/or social justice issues as these feature prominently in the content
- Open to an ongoing working relationship of 2-6 videos per month
Interested? Please send me an email explaining why you would like this part-time role. If you like watching YouTube, please tell me some of the creators you enjoy. Please send a link to a work sample if you have one. But even if you don't, we can talk about doing a paid test project together to see if it's a good fit. Thank you for reading this long post! I look forward to hearing from you.