Communications Assistant: Photography and Social Media
Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics The University of Texas at Austin
· Serve as communications assistant to the Communications Coordinator.
· Take photos/video of ASE/EM community members including headshots, students/faculty working in labs, seminars, special events, etc.
· Develop social media content using photos and video. (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
· Edit photos/video and prepare for publishing.
· Upload photos to Flickr library.
· Design Power Point slides and/or posters for special events; manage digital displays.
· Assist Communications Coordinator with other projects as requested.
· Experienced digital photographer. (provide portfolio or photo library)
· Experience with digital photo editing.
· Experience with school newspaper, yearbook, interviewing, photography, etc. (high school experience is ok)
· Experience working with UT students and faculty (not required but must be comfortable with this)
Potential Learning Outcomes:
· Prioritizes tasks
· Finishes tasks/assignments on time
· Organizes time/materials
· Demonstrate reliability with attendance and punctuality
· Pays close attention to details
· Shows enthusiasm
· Use specific software, such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and movie editing software to edit photos/videos and design graphics
· Communicates well via written word (email) and adapts to appropriate audiences
· Improve photography and photo editing skills
· Learning to work well with students, alumni and faculty during event photography
· Learning new interview skills
· Develop professional skills working with a variety of people in an academic setting
· Takes initiative to understand project requests
· Part-time (10-20 hrs/week) – We are seeking a student who is interested in keeping this position over several semesters if the fit is right.
· The ability to be flexible with hours is preferred.
Send resume and portfolio to Kendra Harris at email@example.com